Since selling our first timepiece in 2011, Daniel Wellington has evolved into a global phenomenon that has disrupted an entire industry. We are an exciting, vibrant, and innovative brand that challenges old conventions - continuously striving to enrich our customers' style through timeless pieces.
When you join us, you are joining a brand that values entrepreneurship and inspires growth. Together we can achieve our aim of building the world's leading accessory brand. If you would like to contribute, here's how:
We're now looking for a Logistics and Warranty Specialist who will support the team with responsibility for the correct assessment of returned items from both private and business customers, keeping our IT systems updated with relevant information, and providing exceptional customer service. Working closely with the Logistics and Customer Service team, this role will be based at our partner Warehouse to manage the Warranty and Repair Process.
- Quality control of returned products, you will be an expert on DW products
- Making decisions on approved or non-approved returns, sellable or non-sellable products
- Conduct repairs on watches (Training provided)
- Handling the reverse logistics/returned product transactions in DW IT systems
- Communication and cooperation with customer service, sales departments, and warehouse
- Investigating and solving issues related to logistics/reverse logistic
- Identify repeated quality issues and propose improvement/s
- Take responsibility for inventory management between DW's System and the Warehouse Management System
- Follow up Warehouse Operation development to improve 3PL performance
- Manage general queries from 3PL warehouse partners and secure that the warehouses operate according to DW guidelines and intentions
- Establish strong relationships and work closely with various functions within DW to secure a good customer experience
- Be the focal point for warehouses for information and problem solving
WHO YOU ARE
- Communication (Verbal and Written): Proficient in Korean and English is an advantage
- Proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite products
- Experience in ERP system operation is preferable
- Experience in reverse logistics handling (B2C / B2B) is preferrable
- Strong sense of quality and a trustworthy personality and customer-oriented;
- Ability to work under high workload and work autonomously without losing quality in your performance
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Capability of acquiring deep knowledge of work processes affecting the reverse logistics flow and keen-learn attitude to supply chain logistics flow and knowledge (DW will provide related coaching and training)
THIS IS #LIFEATDW
As a member of the DW team, you are a part of an inclusive and diverse workplace, where we want you to be yourself. You are given the opportunity to make an impact and directly contribute to our success. Along with continuous learning, you will have the chance to work and interact with people from all over the world, and together we create a world-class company. You will spend your days in collaborative and dynamic offices with a highly skilled team, do great work, and have fun while doing so.
Are we ticking your boxes?
ABOUT THE PROCESS
This process will house personality tests as a first step and a case assignment in a later stage to help us break human biases as we believe in giving everyone an equal opportunity. Be yourself and hope to see you in the process!