Since selling our first timepiece in 2011, Daniel Wellington has evolved into a global phenomenon that has disrupted an entire industry. We are an exciting, vibrant, and innovative brand that challenges old conventions - continuously striving to enrich our customers' style through timeless pieces. When you join us, you are joining a brand that values entrepreneurship and inspires growth. Together we can achieve our aim of building the world's leading accessory brand. If you would like to contribute, here's how:
We're now looking for an experienced Accountant who wants to work with process optimisation in our Finance team in Stockholm. You will be an important POC for our Accountants around the world. Are you a motivated and result driven person with passion for both numbers and people? Then this might be the role for you.
We are on a journey towards execution excellence globally. You will be a crucial part in the finance team’s success looking into and improving our processes and ways of working. We have two Accounting Assistants in the team that work with all operational accounting work for Daniel Wellington AB, with subsidiary in Norway. You will assist them with complex tasks and be a part of steering, making sure we hit deadlines. You’re also the go-to person for supporting Accountants in our subsidiaries globally (outside of Sweden) with NAV and accounting questions.
In this role, your main stakeholders are different departments within DW, as well as local authorities (such as Tax authority, banks, auditors). You will be reporting to the Group Accounting Manager.
A summary of your focus and responsibilities:
- Assisting in and steering the daily accounting work for Daniel Wellington AB
- Training and coaching Accountants in our subsidiaries globally
- Work in global projects to standardise working processes and improve efficiency
- Ensuring timely month closing and reporting of Daniel Wellington AB, and keeping the deadlines according to the set time table
- Annual closing of the books, establishing the Annual Report, communicating with auditors during the year-end audit and internal control audit
- Participating in projects involving the ERP system Navision (globally)
- When needed, being back-up for all Finance teams in Daniel Wellington/foreign subsidiaries, i.e. supporting in daily accounting questions etc.
WHO YOU ARE
You are amazing at managing your time and priorities while working with multiple stakeholders. You have strong self-leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as strategic and analytical thinking. You are aslo a creative problem solver.
Some boxes you should be able to tick:
- A minimum of 3-5 years with relevant experience from a similar role in an international company or complex company set up
- Education with in Economics, preferably MSc, with focus on accounting
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Experience from the ERP system Navision is preferred
- Excellent Windows/Office skills
- Not territorial or concerned about prestige, able to jump in and help where needed
- Taking ownership and working proactively rather than in retrospect
THIS IS #LIFEATDW
As a member of the DW team, you are a part of an inclusive and diverse workplace, where we want you to be yourself. You are given the opportunity to make an impact and directly contribute to our success. Along with continuous learning, you will have the chance to work and interact with people from all over the world, and together we create a world-class company. You will spend your days in a collaborative and dynamic environment with a highly skilled team, do great work, and have fun while doing so.
Are we ticking your boxes?
ABOUT THE PROCESS
This process will house recruitment tests as a first step and a (likely) a case focused assignment in a later stage to help us break human biases as we believe in giving everyone an equal opportunity. Be yourself and hope to see you in the process!